American Society of Plastic Surgeons
For Medical Professionals
4 years ago

From a non-binary person: Making already small breasts smaller? B to A cup?

Hello. I’m a 28 year old non-binary person, 4’9”, 82lbs, my rib cage is 27.5” and my bust is 30” with no sagging at all. I’m not looking for masculinized chest like the results of traditional top surgery, but I would like to make my already small breasts smaller to relieve some dysphoria and suit my gender identity. Is it possible to make breasts that are around a B cup into small A’s?

Procedure: Breast Reduction
Location: aberdeen, MD

Replies 4

Edward Domanskis

That would not be a problem. More than likely I would be able to remove the breast tissue with ultrasonic liposuction.

Dr. Edward Jonas Domanskis is Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Newport Beach, San Francisco,Miami, EU, Anguilla

Assistant Clinical Professor of SurgeryWOS-Plastic,University of California (Irvine)

Orange County’s Physician of Excellence/America’s Top Physicians/Top Doctors

Plastic Surgery- 2005-2018

President,American Society of Bariatric Plastic Surgeons

Organoderm Skin care/ScaRxTape

Dennis Hurwitz
ASPS Surgeon
Add to Favorites

If your breast have adequate fat then they can be reduced about a cup size with ultrasonic assisted lipoplasty. Otherwise a surgical breast reduction with scars surrounding you areola needs to be done.

Mario Carranza-Garcia
ASPS Int. Surgeon

totally agree with both doctors

Rahul Vemula
ASPS Surgeon
Add to Favorites

Thanks for your question! Yes it is possible. It is best to meet with a board certified plastic surgeon for an in person consultation so that it may be determined what the correct type of incisions to use for this may be. You may be able to do this with a circumvertical "lollipop" style breast reduction or may need the wise pattern or "inverted T" style reduction. Best wishes!


Patient Care Center