American Society of Plastic Surgeons
For Medical Professionals
2 years ago

Wound defet

Can my lower arm near my elbow be fixed from dog bite that's left a bad scar.From the dog bite some of my arm is gone. It's like a big dent in my arm where it makes it look like it's a deformed arm

Procedure: Cosmetic Surgery
Location: Ponce de leon, FL

Replies 3

Larry Weinstein
ASPS Surgeon
Add to Favorites

Indented scars can be treated by release of the indentation and fat grafting under it. An alternative is excision of the indentation followed by a flap of full thickness tissue to fill in the deformity.

Nelson Castillo

An improvement is likely possible but only with an in-person examination of the tissues can the best treatment recommendation be offered.

Debra Johnson
ASPS Surgeon
Add to Favorites

Many scars ca be improved by careful revision of the scar line and recontouring with fat grafting or tissue transfer. For your particular problem, you would need to consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon to see what your options are. Use the Find-A-Surgeon tool on this website to locate an ASPS member surgeon near you. Good luck!


Patient Care Center