American Society of Plastic Surgeons
For Medical Professionals
4 years ago


I'm almost 30 yrs old now, and weigh 220 lbs, even when I was skinny when I was younger and very athletic looking! The skin on my face always seemed to be loose, when I tilt my head the skin drags down, or if I look down it all falls into my cheeks and feels as if it's going to fall off my face! I know it cannot be fat! Just maybe extra skin that I will never grow into? Not sure what I can do??

Procedure: Cheek Reduction
Location: Erie, PA

Replies 4

Rahul Vemula
ASPS Surgeon
Add to Favorites

Thanks for your question. Without seeing pictures its hard to say exactly what procedures you would benefit from. I would suggest visiting a board certified plastic surgeon to determine what if any procedures would be right for you.

Michele Shermak
ASPS Surgeon
Add to Favorites

Hi Jen!

I would recommend you visit with a board certified plastic surgeon for an in person evaluation. You are young. It is possible non surgical treatment may work for you, such as injectibles.

Best of luck!

Edward Domanskis

It sounds like you would be a candidate for my minifacelift which I do under a local anesthetic only with shorter recovery. I would need photos at least to evaluate and offer Facetime.

Dr. Edward Jonas Domanskis is Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Newport Beach(main office), San Francisco,Miami, EU, Anguilla

Assistant Clinical Professor of SurgeryWOS-Plastic,University of California (Irvine)

Orange County’s Physician of Excellence/America’s Top Physicians/Top Doctors

Plastic Surgery- 2005-2018

President,American Society of Bariatric Plastic Surgeons

Organoderm Skin care/ScaRxTape

Nelson Castillo

Seek out a plastic surgeon for an in-person evaluation of your tissues and so various treatment options can be entertained.


Patient Care Center