American Society of Plastic Surgeons
For Medical Professionals
4 years ago

Loose skin removal - 19 year old

I am a 6 foot 4, nineteen year old male. In 2016 I weighed 300 pounds; 4 years later, after recovering from eating disorders, I’ve maintained 185 for 1 year.

However, the excess skin around my stomach and chest is a source of massive stress. I wish to have surgery to reduce my nipple size and the skin around my waist + chest. I wish to do this as healthily as possible. Who do I speak to?

Procedure: Tummy Tuck
Location: North Vancouver, BC - Canada

Replies 7

Steven Wallach
ASPS Surgeon
Add to Favorites

You are best to see a plastic surgeon. I have treated many massive weight loss patients over the years. Good luck

Wendell Perry
ASPS Surgeon

Liposuction and skin excision are both needed to get the best result after weight loss procedures. Some times you need to do one procedure first and come back later with the other procedure. Here is an example of a patient who had a body lift first and a liposuction a year later.

George Marosan
ASPS Surgeon
Add to Favorites

Thank you for your question. To get the best body contouring result after massive weight loss, you need to consult a board certified plastic surgeon experienced in advanced body sculpting techniques. Although you are are focused on the abdominal loose skin, there’s loose skin all the way around. I’m doing a similar surgery on a young man next week for the same reason. The chest might need to addressed at a different time after the body surgery. There are different techniques to minimize the scars and also place them in a location to heal well and be minimally noticeable.

See a board certified plastic surgeon for an in person consultation/evaluation. Good luck.

Dennis Hurwitz
ASPS Surgeon
Add to Favorites

Congratulations. Loosing substantial weight and keeping it of for over 6 months establishes you as an excellent candidate for major body contouring surgery. You should seek a board certified plastic surgeon with a proven tract record in comprehensive body lift surgery in men, Visit www.hurwitzcenter,com to see what I mean.

Edward Domanskis

Post-bariatric plastic surgery-body contouring is my specialty. I am President of the American Society of Bariatric Plastic Surgeons. I would recommend that you email me photos and I can evaluate and give you an estimate of what I could do.

Dr. Edward Jonas Domanskis is Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Newport Beach(main office), San Francisco,Miami, EU, Anguilla

Assistant Clinical Professor of SurgeryWOS-Plastic,University of California (Irvine)

Orange County’s Physician of Excellence/America’s Top Physicians/Top Doctors

Plastic Surgery

President,American Society of Bariatric Plastic Surgeons

Organoderm Skin care/ScaRxTape

Nelson Castillo

Thank you for sharing your question and congratulations on your impressive weight loss. Now weight stable you appear to be an excellent candidate for surgery and this can include a tummy tuck, belt lipectomy and or surgical treatment of your chest. Best to see a series of board certified plastic surgeons in your area to get the best advice.

Adolfo Sesto
ASPS Int. Surgeon

Hello JKL. Congratulations on your weight loss. After such a massive weight loss reconstruction of the body contour is the next step. You may consult a certified plastic surgeon by a personal visit or by an online evaluation. Your problem can be address and you will feel much better. Definitely because you are still a minor you will need your parents authorization for surgery.

28 year experienced


Patient Care Center