American Society of Plastic Surgeons
For Medical Professionals
3 years ago

Corrective sugery

I had a breast reduction done in 2018 that left me with one breast larger than the other. I am 50 years old, had 2 kids, had a c-section, my gall-bladder removed and a partial removed and a partial hystorectomy. Would I be a good candidate for a makeover?

Procedure: Mommy Makeover
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Replies 3

Nelson Castillo

Thank you for sharing your question. You may be an excellent candidate but I would seek out in-person consultations to get the best advice.

Michelle Copeland
ASPS Surgeon
Add to Favorites

Thank you for sharing! If you're sagging or asymmetrical, and are looking for perkiness, you'll need a lift--or, if you also want more volume, a lift and implants. A mastopexy (breast lift) raises droopy breasts from one to several inches and excess skin is removed. To perk up a drooping breast, your surgeon will remove excess skin, reposition the nipple, and redrape and tighten the remaining skin to support the breast. The areola may also be reduced in size. If you just want to go bigger, you’ll need implants. It is also now possible to enlarge your breasts without resorting to implants! Specially prepared fat taken from another part of the body, such as the stomach or hips, is placed under the breast tissue to provide increased breast size without the need for artificial implants. The technique is called autologous fat transfers and autologous simply means "your own." I suggest making an appointment with a board-certified plastic surgeon for consultation to discuss your options.

Adolfo Sesto
ASPS Int. Surgeon

Hello. None of the mentioned procedures contraindicates a correction of your assymmetry. All you need to be in good health to undergo surgery.


Patient Care Center