American Society of Plastic Surgeons
For Medical Professionals
3 months ago

Don’t know where to start

Hi, my name is Elvira, 30 years old and I was born with a cleft lip and palate. Growing up my parents made the decision on not having the next surgery I needed . The one where the get a bone from your hip and fix your nose with it. I need assistance on where to start to get this surgery for myself. Please help-insurance type:Medi-Cal Thank you in advance

Procedure: Cleft Lip and Palate Repair
Location: Fontana, CA

Replies 2

Samir Shureih
ASPS Surgeon

There are many capable and good plastic surgeons in your area, California? who can help with repair of cleft nose problems.

May want to start with a major center like UCLA, UCS that can be of help with your Medi-cal.

Jose Accetta Filho
ASPS Int. Surgeon

I can't answer about the health plan. Normally, reconstructive surgeries are provided. The bone used is not necessarily the hip bone. Contact a surgeon who works a surgeon who works uses us that will surely solve your doubts


Patient Care Center