American Society of Plastic Surgeons
For Medical Professionals
one year ago

Can anyone help me

i was in abusive relationship which lead to a trauma to my lips a few years ago. I am left with an ugly scar and uneven lip. I want to get fillers but first i need to see if i can fix it thats if it can be fixed. But i keep getting the run around and told i can’t be helped.

Procedure: Lip Augmentation/Enhancement
Location: san antonio, TX

Replies 3

Larry Florman

You certainly can be helped. But, you must be seen by an American Board of Plastic Surgery certified Plastic Surgeon. Scar revision might be the way to go. There are plenty of appropriate surgeon in San Antonio. Good luck.

Larry Florman, M.D.

Louisville, Kentucky.

Rosa Xachipilli Tolano Godinez
ASPS Int. Surgeon

Hi! The best approach would be scar revision, making it less visible by changing its direction. Fillers could help, but if there's too much scar tissue in deeper planes, it could be made more visible. I hope this helps you.

Tanongsak Panyawirunroj
ASPS Int. Surgeon
Add to Favorites

From your given photo scar revision on your upper lip is recommeded to gid rid of scar and made your lip more beautiful shape more than filler injection.


Patient Care Center