American Society of Plastic Surgeons
For Medical Professionals
one year ago

Inquiry about Maxilla/Mandible corrective surfery

I have recession of the maxilla causing my jaw to be recessed and angled down, downward grown, and narrow. Any insight on what kind of procedures would give me a wider, more forwardly grown maxilla and mandible, with a longer, straighter ramus and jaw angle closer to ideal would be greatly appreciated.

Procedure: Chin Surgery
Location: San Jose, CA

Replies 3

Samir Shureih

An in person examination and radiographic evaluation by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon is needed for appropriate advise

Alfred Antonetti
ASPS Surgeon

You need x rays as well as an in person consultation by an ABPS surgeon or oral-maxillofacial surgeon. The occlusion of your teeth needs to be examined. It could be a simple chin implant or extensive surgery on the mandible. From the pictures, you look just fine.

Tanongsak Panyawirunroj
ASPS Int. Surgeon
Add to Favorites

You need physical examination, x-ray and occlusion evaluation in person before give you a better advice.


Patient Care Center