American Society of Plastic Surgeons
For Medical Professionals
one year ago

Gynecomastia due to child abuse

My nephew, who is about to turn 18, just moved in with us. To say this boy was abused was an understatement. We found out that he was put on Risperidone as a child (even though he has no issues because it meant more free $ for his mother from the government). Any doctor willing to take this case and help him as he cannot afford the surgery and it is very embarrassing to be 18 and have man boobs

Procedure: Male Breast Reduction
Location: Fairmount, GA

Replies 2

Rahul Vemula
ASPS Surgeon
Add to Favorites

Sorry to hear about the child abuse. Your best bet would be to take him to an academic medical center with a plastic surgery residency training program. At these institutions, there is usually a chief resident run clinic by someone in their final year of training supervised by a board certified plastic surgeon to perform the surgery. You will be treated by a highly skilled and dedicated team of plastic surgeons for the best outcomes.

I see you are in Georgia, you may want to reach out to Emory University Dept of Plastic Surgery if they have such a clinic.

Best wishes!

 Show more Replies  Replies 1 less
Tanongsak Panyawirunroj
ASPS Int. Surgeon
Add to Favorites

Sorry to hear this story. Gynecomastia may treat with liposuction or mastectomy up to the severity level of his gynecomastia.


Patient Care Center