American Society of Plastic Surgeons
For Medical Professionals
one year ago

Options for facial fillers after delayed hypersensitivity reaction

I am a 50 year old woman with significant under eye hollows. My skin is otherwise good. I received HA fillers in my under eye hollows, marionette lines and lips about a year ago. I was thrilled with the results. About 8 months later I experienced delayed hypersensitivity reaction. My filler areas swelled up, I developed granulomas at the injection points. Still recovering.Any other options for me?

Procedure: Injectable Fillers
Location: Charlottesville, VA

Replies 3

Armando Donati
ASPS Int. Surgeon
Add to Favorites

Hello! In a case of hypersensitivity, as in your case. The indication is to fill with autologous fat transfer.

Salvador Cortes Gonzalez
ASPS Int. Surgeon

relleno con grasa autologa y PRP en tres sesiones.

 Show more Replies  Replies 1 less
Tanongsak Panyawirunroj
ASPS Int. Surgeon
Add to Favorites

If you have filler hypersensitivity, the treatment of choice to fulfil under eye injection is fat transfer or PRP gel (PRP bio filler) but you need to maintain it every 4-6 months. Currently you can do under eye surgery for relocated deep orbital fat pad to correct under eye hollow for more permanent result.


Patient Care Center