American Society of Plastic Surgeons
For Medical Professionals
one year ago

Poland Syndrome

I am an adult male with Poland Syndrome. I have complete absence of a left pec major. I want to get cosmetic surgery, but do not want saline implants. There is a doctor in Athens, Greece who developed a procedure using adipose-derived mesenchymal stem cells to correct male breast affected by Poland Syndrome. Is there anyone in the United States who performs such a procedure or something similar?

Procedure: Breast Reconstruction
Location: Lakeland, FL

Replies 3

Omar Beidas
ASPS Surgeon

If you are referring to autologous fat transfer, then yes. Please call my office (407.821.3555) or register online ( if you are interested.

Alfred Antonetti
ASPS Surgeon

A saline implant is not used to improve on Poland's in a male. If you go to Greece just to have this done you are going to waste a lot of money and not accomplish anything. There are many ways to improve your condition but none of them are perfect. There are many plastic surgeons that perform fat grafting if that is what would be the best for you or to use in combination with other procedures. What you need to do is to start with a consultation from an ABPS board certified or eligible physician close to where you live and see what they recommend after an exam.

Tanongsak Panyawirunroj
ASPS Int. Surgeon
Add to Favorites

It's possible to do customized silicone pectoral implants combination with fat transfer that give you the most natural result.


Patient Care Center