American Society of Plastic Surgeons
For Medical Professionals
one year ago

What procedure would this be?

Hi, I had a lump under my arm as a teenager which didn't heal very well and I'm left with skin which has sort of folded over on itself a bit and the skin is raised. It's something I've always wanted to get sorted if I can, flattened really so it's just a flat scar. I'm not sure if this is even a plastic surgery query and if it is can anyone help me with what procedure I would need to ask for?

Procedure: Wound Care
Location: Norwich, AB - United Kingdom

Replies 3

Samir Shureih

The scar or portions of the scar can be revised under local anesthesia. It will improve on the appearance of the scar.

Possibly treating the scar by injection and possibly laser can also improve on the scar.

Alfred Antonetti
ASPS Surgeon

Most likely it could be improved with a revision. You do need to ask for anything. What you need todo is seek a consultation with a plastic surgeon close to where you live and they will tell you what can be done if anything.

Tanongsak Panyawirunroj
ASPS Int. Surgeon
Add to Favorites

You can do laser and scar lysis injection to soften your scar appearence.


Patient Care Center