American Society of Plastic Surgeons
For Medical Professionals
11 months ago

Surgeon Type


My wife has undergone genioplasty with an implant to correct asymmetry in her chin. She is 6 months postop now and is still dealing with lip incompetence. She has pain in her chin, feels like everything is stretched, and has to compensate to speak clearly. She feels as if her mouth is strained all the time. Which surgeon should we be searching for? Maxillofacial, Plastic, Reconstructive

Procedure: Chin Surgery
Location: Schertz, TX

Replies 4

Douglas Monasebian
ASPS Surgeon
Add to Favorites

Good morning. Both specialties handle this sort of surgery and consequences from it. It would be best to query potential surgeons and ask them specifically if they have treated this issue. If you are in the New York City area, we would be happy to see you. I am trained in both these specialties... Plastic Surgery and Oral-Maxillofacial Surgery. You may also see another surgeon with this training. Again, experience is paramount.

Samir Shureih

Board Certified Plastic Surgeon should be able to examine and reach a diagnosis and appropriate treatment.

Alfred Antonetti
ASPS Surgeon

Without a complete history and physical exam it is difficult to offer any advice other than to have a consultation with any ABPS certified or eligible plastic surgeon close to where you live.

Tanongsak Panyawirunroj
ASPS Int. Surgeon
Add to Favorites

Please go back to your Plastic Surgeon for physical examine and reach a diagnosis and appropriate treatment.


Patient Care Center