American Society of Plastic Surgeons
For Medical Professionals
4 years ago


Is there a procedure called pubiaplasty? I have had 6 abdominal surgeries, I am 47 yrs old. I have no feeling from the top of my pubic area up to my belly button. The entire area is just hanging, loose & is controlling my life. I am completely happy with myself & comfortable in my own skin except this area. Now, the skin is so thin that it is opening, at times bleeding. It gets irritated & itches.

Procedure: Tummy Tuck
Location: Panama city, FL

Replies 7

Steven Wallach
ASPS Surgeon

It sounds like the procedure you are requesting is a mons reduction. This can be combined with a tummy tuck or performed as a stand alone procedure.

Tracy McCall
ASPS Surgeon

This sounds fixable. Find a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. With the history of bleeding, you may even be able to get insurance coverage, although the likelihood isn't that high.

Rahul Vemula
ASPS Surgeon
Add to Favorites

Sorry to hear about your experience this far. From what you are describing, it seems like there is still excess skin that needs to be removed and may be a candidate for an abdominoplasty. Without looking at pictures it is impossible to tell exactly what procedures you need. Please meet with a board-certified plastic surgeon to go over all of your options at this point. Best of luck!

Edward Domanskis

Yes, I do a pubic lift in conjunction with a extended Tummy tuck on many of my patients with very satisfying results. Unfortunately, with a C-section you do get numbness between the pubic area and the belly button so that would not change but I can usually get out all the tissue between those areas with TT.

Dr. Edward Jonas Domanskis is Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Newport Beach, San Francisco,Miami, EU, Anguilla

Assistant Clinical Professor of SurgeryWOS-Plastic,University of California (Irvine)

Orange County’s Physician of Excellence/America’s Top Physicians/Top Doctors

Plastic Surgery- 2005-2018

President,American Society of Bariatric Plastic Surgeons

Organoderm Skin care/ScaRxTape

Curtis Wong
ASPS Surgeon

What you describe is a monsplasty... and most plastic surgeons should be able to help you achieve the goal you desire. Make sure your expectations are known so your surgeon can make sure what he/she does will meet them... as this can entail liposuction, fat excision, anchoring of the mons to your fascia, and skin excision. This is usually done when having a tummy tuck.

Nelson Castillo

Thank you for sharing your excellent question. Whether a tummy tuck or monsplasty, it sounds as if you have some treatment options based on your concerns. I would seek out ASPS board certified plastic surgeons in your area to discuss.

Steven Clark
ASPS Surgeon
Add to Favorites

I agree that your concerns could be much improved with a Mons Reduction which can often be incorporated with an abdominoplasty or as a stand alone procedure which involves removal of redundant suprapubic skin and abdominal pannus


Patient Care Center