American Society of Plastic Surgeons
For Medical Professionals
4 years ago

What type of Dr. to choose

Should I choose a plastic surgeon or a cosmetic surgeon for labiaplasty, laser vaginal tightening & a fat transfer to Labia major?

Procedure: Aesthetic Genital Plastic Surgery
Location: Spokane, WA

Replies 5

Nelson Castillo

Thank you for sharing your question. Best to select a surgeon well-versed in all three aspects of the procedure. It will take effort to research specialists, and you may have to look outside the Spokane region but this is a matter best left to good research.

Curtis Wong
ASPS Surgeon

How to choose your vaginal rejuvenation surgeon? Best to find someone that can do all of the procedures you seek and has a decent revision policy as you may need one. Do avoid the GYN's that dabble in this and those that charge astronomical fees because you can find great deals out there from very qualified and experienced surgeons.

Frank Agullo
ASPS Surgeon
Add to Favorites

Many types of specialists can perform these procedures well. Look for a surgeon that performs the procedure frequently and can show you plenty of before and afters. Make sure the surgeon has hospital privileges for those procedures. This means that even though the procedure can be performed in the office, he has the qualifications and credentials to also perform it at a hospital.

Karen Leong
ASPS Surgeon

Hello, thanks for your question. You should choose a surgeon who has experience in these procedures, they can be plastic surgeons, ob gyn, urologists... but they should be board-certified and able to address complications should any arise! It's a sensitive area so do your research and get several opinions until you find someone you trust and feel comfortable with.

Michael Streitmann
ASPS Surgeon

Please consult with a Board Certified physician that has experience with these procedures. Make sure the Board is accredited by the American Board of Medical Specialties.


Patient Care Center