American Society of Plastic Surgeons
For Medical Professionals
5 years ago

Looking for a doctor that specializes in scar revision face reconstruction

having a hard time finding a board certified doctor who specializes in this.

Procedure: Facelift

Replies 3

Steven Wallach
ASPS Surgeon
Add to Favorites

You are likely not going to find a plastic surgeon that only does scar revision. All plastic surgeons are qualified to perform scar revision surgery. Your best to look for someone locally and go speak to that surgeon about your concerns. After consultation, the plastic surgeon can then tell you whether or not he feels he can give you a better result than what you have now. Good luck

Jonathan Zelken
ASPS Surgeon
Add to Favorites

Hi Kmarsmd,

Much of my practice is traumatic facial reconstruction that includes bone, skin, and everything in between. Many plastic surgeons offer this service. You may call upon local plastic surgeons for consultations and recommendations for facial reconstructive surgeons.

Hope this helps,

Dr Zelken

Jon Ver Halen

Hello and thank you for your excellent question. As many others have stated on this thread, scar revision is a procedure that is well within the capabilities of most board certified plastic surgeons. It is best to answer your question during a face-to-face evaluation, when you can discuss your goals and expectations for the procedure, and you can have a physical examination to evaluate for that procedure. Be sure to have all of your questions answered during a face-to-face meeting with your surgeon, and review before and after pictures of similar patients whom have had this procedure. If you have any questions, call our office for assistance. Good luck!


Patient Care Center