American Society of Plastic Surgeons
For Medical Professionals
2 years ago

Can I become flat chested?

I have C or D breast and I want to be completely flat chested I don’t want to have no breast so to speak left. Is this possible with breast reduction and if not what is the lowest possible breast size I can go to.

Procedure: Breast Reduction
Location: columbia, SC

Replies 7

Stanley Okoro
ASPS Surgeon
Add to Favorites

Thanks for the question. It is possible, but please make sure to see your board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options

Edward Domanskis

Yes, you can decrease your size to whatever size you wish. I do breast reductions as an outpatient.

Dr. Edward Jonas Domanskis is Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Newport Beach, San Francisco,Miami, EU, Anguilla

Assistant Clinical Professor of SurgeryWOS-Plastic,University of California (Irvine)

Orange County’s Physician of Excellence/America’s Top Physicians/Top Doctors

Plastic Surgery- 2005-2018

President,American Society of Bariatric Plastic Surgeons

Organoderm Skin care/ScaRxTape

Ram Kalus
ASPS Surgeon

Thank you for your question. Without examining you in person it is impossible to answer your question precisely and specifically. That said, there are many techniques that can be used to get your breasts to be as small as possible, but most women want to have a pretty breast shape with as much preservation of breast a nipple sensation as possible in the final outcome. Please consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon whose results appear to be in line with your own expectations, based on photos in their before and after gallery, and if you are unsure after your first consultation, consider a second opinion. Best of luck to you.

Nelson Castillo

Thank you for sharing your question. It is possible to reduce breast size significantly but the best procedure will depend on your current starting anatomy. Seek out a series of ASPS board certified plastic surgeons to discuss your options.

S. Daniel Huang
ASPS Surgeon

We do this with female to male transgender transition and significant gynecomastia (male breast enlargement). Please consult with your plastic surgeon. Best regards.

Debra Johnson
ASPS Surgeon
Add to Favorites

When you reduce the breasts the surgeon needs to leave enough blood supply to keep what's left alive. Going "flat" might mean that the nipple/areola would have to be removed and then replaced as a graft. A grafted nipple loses its sensitivity and projection. If you are willing to sacrifice the feeling in the nipple, then going flat is possible. If you want to maintain the sensibility of the nipple, then your surgeon can make you as small as possible, but it may not be completely flat.

Curtis Wong
ASPS Surgeon

Going flat chested would suggest to me that you are transgender and if confirmed, a subcutaneous mastectomy would be done and make you flat. If you're not transgender, I would have a very hard time giving you a flat chest. So you can have flat... you just have to find the right surgeon to do this for you and its even more reliable with less risk if you do not need to have nipples.


Patient Care Center