American Society of Plastic Surgeons
For Medical Professionals
5 years ago


Hi just wanting to know what would be the best procedure to get rid of deep creases sides of my mouth creases on forehead and cheek bones and over hanging eyelids and jowls and just starting to get abit of a saggy neck but not a lot.

Procedure: Facelift
Location: leeds, LA - United Kingdom

Replies 9

Steven Wallach
ASPS Surgeon
Add to Favorites

It’s hard to say without seeing you in person. Sometimes lasers can help with fine lines. Face lifts can help with sagging skin.

Adolfo Sesto
ASPS Int. Surgeon

Hi. Depending on your age and the evaluation of your face condition you may undergo derma fillers, botulin toxin type A or maybe a Full or Inferior Third Facelift.

Unfortunately without pictures no recommendation can be provided.

Nelson Castillo

Thank you for sharing your excellent question. Unfortunately without being able to see pictures to see the extent of your concerns it is difficult to offer recommendations. You may be a candidate for skin care, chemical peels, dermal fillers, Botox, and/or surgery. Talk to a series of ASPS board certified plastic surgeons in your area for the best advice.

Mario Carranza-Garcia
ASPS Int. Surgeon

you need to cosult personally

Michael Streitmann
ASPS Surgeon

It is best to see a board certified plastic surgeon to evaluate how much can be done for the areas that are bothering you.

Edward Domanskis

It sounds like you would be a candidate for a facelift. I do many of these even under a local anesthetic. It would soften the lines around your mouth but not eliminate them. You could send photos and I would be happy to give you evaluation or do Facetime/Whats Up/Skype.

Dr. Edward Jonas Domanskis is Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Newport Beach, San Francisco,Miami, EU, Anguilla,Nassau

Assistant Clinical Professor of SurgeryWOS-Plastic,University of California (Irvine)

Orange County’s Physician of Excellence/America’s Top Physicians/Top Doctors

Plastic Surgery- 2005-2018

President,American Society of Bariatric Plastic Surgeons

Organoderm Skin care/ScaRxTape

Barry Citron
ASPS Surgeon

Facial aging, which you describe, happens from many contributing factors that happen the longer we spend time on earth. The skin accumulates sun damage and becomes less elastic, the soft tissue under the skin loses volume as the face slowly deflates, and the underlying bone loses volume and projection. So one procedure that does not address all these aspects may not correct all changes. From what you describe, the most comprehensive treatment plan involves surgery, revolumization with fat and/or fillers and possibly a skin rejuvenation procedure, perhaps laser skin resurfacing. Make sure that you see a board certified plastic surgeon. My colleagues in the UK who are Fellows of The Royal College of Surgeons all prefer to be called mister, so don’t just seek any doctor for this......find ye a mister!

Archibald Miller
ASPS Surgeon

The changes you describe will likely be best addressed with a combination of an omega short scar face lift and perioral should consult with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Curtis Wong
ASPS Surgeon

Invest in a consultation and find out what your surgeon offers as viable options for you to consider, along with cost and risks that must be accepted for that option.


Patient Care Center