American Society of Plastic Surgeons
For Medical Professionals
4 years ago

Am I a candidate for minimal scar arm lift?

I am 61 and have approximately 2” of hanging fat and skin on my upper arm as well as crepe skin. I do not expect perfect young arms but wish to have arms that have some shape and fitness instead of looking like they are something other than arms hanging off of a 90 year old. I am 5’3” and weigh 118”.

Because I live in a remote area, I know I must fly for a consult and don’t want arm scars.

Procedure: Arm Lift
Location: Corpus Christi, TX

Replies 6

Mario Carranza-Garcia
ASPS Int. Surgeon

we need to see you in person to tell you you can be fixed with minimai scars

i recomend you to visit a plastic surgeon board certified to fix you re


Matthew Camp
ASPS Surgeon

You may be a candidate, however a personal exam is required to determine if your skin quality is elastic enough to give you a good result. If the issue is excess skin, not fat, a scar will be involved. It is the extent of scaring that varies from patient to patient. Find a board Certified plastic surgeon. Best wishes!

John Borkowski
ASPS Surgeon

The type of arm reduction and subsequent length of the scars is directly related to the amount of excess tissue to be removed to achieve your goal. You will need to be examined to determine this.

Michael Streitmann
ASPS Surgeon

Thank you for your question. The best way to find what options you have is to be evaluated by a Board Certified Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon in your area. It is difficult to say what is best for your particular body without examining you. If you would like to visit my office in Houston, we would be happy to give you the best surgical plan for you.

Nelson Castillo

Thank you for sharing your excellent question. Unfortunately without photographs or an in-person examination it is difficult to offer advice on the appropriate treatment. With nearly all aesthetic procedures, a patient's scar length will be directly proportional to the degree of skin excess. Hope this helps.

Paul Parker
ASPS Surgeon
Add to Favorites

It's very hard to evaluate you without pictures or and in person examination. Best advice is to obtain a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. They can examine you, then discuss options to try to improve the contour of your arms.


Patient Care Center