American Society of Plastic Surgeons
For Medical Professionals
Sire lewis
2 years ago

Cut Across my face

I was in an altercation and a man took a razor and cut me and across the face. It was a traumatic experience and I can't stand too look at the scar. What procedures can I have done to fix the scar and roughly how much does the procedures cost ?

Procedure: Cosmetic Surgery
Location: New York, NY

Replies 3

Celso Boechat
ASPS Int. Surgeon

There are some procedures that can be done to improve the scar. But the actual medicine can only improve scars but can't remove it.

What can be done depends on your skin quality, where it the scar and some others details that only after examinations will be answered.

Look for a ASPS plastic surgeon to help you.

Debra Johnson
ASPS Surgeon
Add to Favorites

Scars on the face take up to a year to mature. During that time they will soften and the redness will fade. During this early phase silicone gel scar cream and or laser treatments might be helpful to speed the maturation. After the scar has matured, there might possibly be something a plastic surgeon could offer to improve the scar, but a scar is forever and can never be completely erased. It would be best to consult with an ASPS member surgeon in your area to get advice on what options might be available to improve your scarring.

Nelson Castillo

Thank you for sharing your question and I am sorry to hear of your injury. If recently incurred I would discuss treatment options with an ASPS surgeon in order to minimize the appearance and follow techniques to help with the maturation process. Otherwise an older scar may require a surgical revision.


Patient Care Center