American Society of Plastic Surgeons
For Medical Professionals
Ari Brew
5 years ago

Vaginoplasty for tightening and having orgasm

Not sure why the mesh but I do not have incontinence issues and am confident with the appearance of how I look down there. I think it looks good my concern is that I feel loose entering and loose inside and it takes too long for me to have an orgasm. Is the vaginoplasty the procedure that would improve those concerns or is there some other procedure I should have for long term results?

Procedure: Aesthetic Genital Plastic Surgery
Location: New hope, MN

Replies 4

Donald Griffin
ASPS Surgeon

It sounds like your main problem is vaginal laxity which is very common after childbirth. Before you consider surgical vaginoplasty, you might want to try non-surgical vaginal rejuvenation with laser treatments. In our office, we use Sciton's diVa laser which has been very effective at improving your issues. It typically takes 3 treatments done 8 weeks apart with very little downtime. There are other non-surgical options including radio frequency devices that also can improve vaginal tightness, but may not have results that last as long as laser treatment.

Mohamed Abdelhafeez Ali

If you have mild lose vagina you can try non surgical vaginal tightening but i think your description you have more than mild lose vagina so you will need surgical vaginoplasty for vaginal canal tightening and strengthening of pelvic floor muscles with also narrowing the vaginal opening

With this you will feel different with faster orgasm

Jed Horowitz
ASPS Surgeon
Add to Favorites

There may be several issues here. Many symptoms are improved non surgically with Vivive, a radiofrequency treatment that works well for many women with one twenty minute treatment.

Surgery with tightening of the vaginal vault may be of benefit but orgasms have multiple issues that may be involved. Clitoral hood reduction, O=shot or G-shot with PRP can help some women

Dr H

Jon Ver Halen

Dear Ari Brew,

Hello and thank you for your excellent question. I suggest that you try a minimally invasive vaginal rejuvenation device before considering surgery. Other options include PRP injection to the clitoris (i.e., O shot). It is best to answer your question during a face-to-face evaluation, when you can discuss your goals and expectations for the procedure, and you can have a physical examination to evaluate for that procedure. I recommend that you find a board-certified, or board-eligible plastic surgeon with whom you are comfortable. Be sure to have all of your questions answered during a face-to-face meeting with your surgeon, and review before and after pictures of similar patients whom have had this procedure. If you have any questions, call our office for assistance. Good luck!


Patient Care Center