The 2021 Oral Board Preparation Course is a live virtual learning experience that is both comprehensive and interactive. Take advantage of this unique opportunity to review board-relevant cases to build your confidence and become better prepared to take The American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS) Oral Board Examination.
The ASPS exclusive oral exam simulation sessions and the faculty-reviewed case book sessions are valuable features of the educational program.
- Focused session for Oral Exam preparation
- 100+ case scenarios reviewed
- Practice exam sessions
- Individual case book review available by appointment
- Cleft lip drawing instruction
Back by Popular Demand: Realistic oral examination simulation sessions – limited space available – additional fee required
- June 18, 2021: Early registration deadline
- Deadline for 100% registration refund (less $25 processing fee)
- July 9, 2021: Advance registration deadline
- Deadline for 50% refund (less $25 processing fee)
- July 30, 2021: Oral Exam Simulation Session registration deadline
- Simulation session fees are nonrefundable
|Oral Board Preparation Course||On Or Before|
|Jun 19 - Jul 9||After Jul 9|
|ASPS Member / Resident||$1,375||$1,425||$1,550|
|Oral Exam Simulation Session||On Or Before|
|Jun 19 - Jul 30||After Jul 30|
|Oral Exam Simulation*|
(One Hour Sessions)
*Contact ASPS Member Services at (800) 766-4955 to schedule a Case Book Review appointment. Due to the limited number of sessions, registration is limited to one appointment per course attendee.
+Simulation session fees are nonrefundable.
The meeting registration fee includes course materials and admission to the virtual sessions. All registrants must pay the full registration fee.
If you are a first-time registrant for an ASPS program or are experiencing difficulty with registration, please contact Member Services at (800) 766-4955 (domestic) or (847) 228-9900 (international) for assistance.
All cancellations must be received in writing to be considered for refund. Cancellations on or before June 18, 2021, will receive a 100% refund. Cancellations on or before July 9, 2021, will receive a 50% refund. No refunds will be issued for cancellations after July 9, 2021, or for those who are impacted by internet interruptions or fail to attend. All refunds are subject to a $25 processing fee.
Notice of cancellation should be sent to:
Member Services Center
444 E. Algonquin Road
Arlington Heights, IL 60005-4664
Fax: (847) 228-7099
This course is appropriate for surgeons seeking a review of clinical science and patient safety issues. It is useful for those preparing to take the oral ABPS examination.
ASPS has sole discretion and reserves the right to refuse registration and/or limit participation in its activities.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Identify patient safety issues related to patient care, verbalize these concerns and incorporate them into the management protocol
- Assess and describe their current knowledge of plastic surgery and identify areas where further study would be beneficial
- Compare approaches to complex plastic surgery problems with colleagues
- Respond to clinical questions in a concise, orderly manner
- Describe the format of the oral board examination
- Assess the psychological aspects of taking an oral examination
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons designates this live virtual activity for a maximum of 26 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™️ and 3 Patient Safety Credits. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
ACGME/ABMS Core Competencies
This activity will address the following ACGME/ABMS competencies:
- Patient care and procedural skills
- Medical knowledge
- Interpersonal and communication skills
This course will be available in live format only. A recording will not be available on ASPS EdNet afterward.
Due to the limited number of sessions, registration for a Case Book Review is limited to one appointment per course attendee.
Disclaimer: Completion of this course does not imply or guarantee a successful outcome on the examination or certification efforts.
Product Code: 210807ORAL