Try before you buy! Click here to check out what's great about this course:
Surgery Spotlight CME Course: Vascularized Lymph Node Transfer (VLNT)
This Surgery Spotlight will provide an in depth look at a Vascularized Lymph Node Transfer procedure treating Post Mastectomy lymphedema, performed by Dr. Peter Neligan of The Center for Reconstructive Surgery at The University of Washington in Seattle, Washington. Dr. Neligan describes complications associated with this procedure, completes a supraclavicular lymph node dissection, followed by axillary vein decompression. To complete the procedure Dr. Neligan performs lymphovenous anastomosis in the arm.
Upon completion of this video, you should be able to:
- List surgery complications associated with Lymph Node transfer procedures, and ways to avoid them.
- Recall techniques for supraclavicular lymph node dissection.
- List steps for dissection and subsequent decompression of the Axillary Vein.
- Differentiate between the process of performing various Lymphatic Venous Anastomosis including: end to end antegrade, end to end retrograde, and end to side antegrade.
- Recall best practices to consider while performing a lymph node transfer procedure.
AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM: 0.75
Patient Safety Credit: 0
Release Date: 10/11/2019
Expiration Date: 10/11/2022
Estimated time to complete this course: 45 minutes
Directly provided by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons® (ASPS®)
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The ASPS designates this enduring material for a maximum of 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This educational activity is intended for plastic surgery practitioners, residents, and other healthcare professionals interested in translating expanded knowledge into practice for the improvement of patient outcomes in plastic and reconstructive surgery.
Peter Neligan, MD has a royalty recipient relationship with Elsevier and Thieme
Return Policy for Downloaded and Viewable Products
Products which are downloaded or viewable after purchase may not be returned. By placing an order you are agreeing to the product return terms and conditions set forth by this site. ASPS Shop Return Policy
Product Code: 28404