This Surgery Spotlight will provide an in depth look at Transabdominal Breast Augmentation (TABA) surgery performed by Dr. Richard Zienowicz, MD of Brown University. In this “Mommy Makeover” the implants are inserted under the muscle, through the biggest route that you can put an implant through, with the least amount of skin touch.
Upon completion of this video, you should be able to:
- Identify pre-operative steps including accessory markings, local anesthesia and intercostal nerve blocking placement.
- Identify best practices to avoid interruption of blood flow to areola.
- List options for tools to determine appropriate implant size for patient.
- Identify steps, tips and techniques to ensure a successful mastopexy surgery.
- Describe process for closing incisions to finish mastopexy surgery.
- Articulate the benefit of closing the umbilical site using this technique.
Faculty: Richard Zienowicz, MD
AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM: 1.75
Patient Safety Credit: 0.0
Release Date: 10/22/2019
Expiration Date: 10/22/2022
Estimated time to complete this course: 1 hour 45 minutes
Directly provided by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons® (ASPS®)
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The ASPS designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This educational activity is intended for plastic surgery practitioners, residents, and other healthcare professionals interested in translating expanded knowledge into practice for the improvement of patient outcomes in plastic and reconstructive surgery.
Return Policy for Downloaded and Viewable Products
Products which are downloaded or viewable after purchase may not be returned. By placing an order you are agreeing to the product return terms and conditions set forth by this site. ASPS Shop Return Policy
Product Code: 28597