This activity is part of the ISPRES Regenerative Innovations Video Series (RIVS).
Paolo Persichetti, MD, PhD discusses the history of fat grafting and its numerous uses addressing challenging reconstructions. Dr. Persichetti will then discuss using several variations of fat grafting, showing the before and after pictures of several chronic wound patients who were treated with fat grafting.
After viewing this course, the participant should be able to:
- Discuss the various changes to fat grafting since its inception in medicine over 100 years ago.
- Define Stromal Vascular Fraction and possible clinical applications.
- Compare fat grafting (Filling) versus Adipose driven stem-cell therapy (Regeneration).
- Define the different variations of fat grafting and the instruments used for each variation.
- List uses of fat grafting for various types of chronic wounds.
- Articulate the additional components post debridement in the treatment of a patient with necrotic tissues and exposure of the tendons.
- Discuss post-operative functional evaluation components including tools used to measure strength of affected limb compared to non-affected limb.
Paolo Persichetti MD, PhD
AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM: 0.25
Patient Safety Credit: 0
Release Date: 12/6/2019
Expiration Date: 12/6/2022
Estimated time to complete this course: 15 Minutes
Directly provided by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons® (ASPS®)
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Designation StatementIntended Audience
The ASPS designates this enduring material for a maximum of 0.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This educational activity is intended for plastic surgery practitioners, residents, and other healthcare professionals interested in translating expanded knowledge into practice for the improvement of patient outcomes in plastic and reconstructive surgery.
Dr. Paolo Persichetti is the Editor in chief of EJPS.
Return Policy for Downloaded and Viewable Products
Products which are downloaded or viewable after purchase may not be returned. By placing an order you are agreeing to the product return terms and conditions set forth by this site. ASPS Shop Return Policy
Product Code: 28685