Try before you buy! Click here to check out what's great about this course:
This Surgery Spotlight will provide an in depth look at an Immediate 2 stage Prepectoral breast reconstruction with Tissue Expander and Acellular Dermal Matrix procedure performed by Richard Baynosa, MD Chairman of the Department of Plastic Surgery and program director of the plastic surgery residency program at UNLV School of Medicine in Las Vegas, Nevada. He highlights his preferred technique of immediate breast reconstruction after mastectomy.
Upon completion of this video, you should be able to:
- Recognize advances in breast reconstruction including the use of Acellular Dermal Matrix (ADM).
- Identify various incision locations for prophylactic nipple sparing mastectomy and considerations that determine placement of incision.
- Define key mastectomy techniques to use with the inframammary fold approach.
- List steps for preparing ADM and the advantages to using two pre-shaped pieces of ADM Construct.
- Identify key components in the inspection of the skin flap for viability.
- List factors that determine fill of tissue expander and size of ADM Construct.
- List best practices for placement of ADM Construct.
- List best practices for placement of tissue expander and drains.
- Recall steps for closure of breast.
- Identify follow up procedures in the post-operative period.
- List possible complications to this procedure.
Faculty: Richard Baynosa, MD, FACS
AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM: 1
Patient Safety Credit: 0.0
Release Date: 12/20/2019
Expiration Date: 12/20/2022
Estimated time to complete this course: 60 minutes
This 1 hour of CME includes reading the additional resources listed in the references section of the course.
Directly provided by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons® (ASPS®)
Educational Grant Support Provided by Mentor
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The ASPS designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This educational activity is intended for plastic surgery practitioners, residents, and other healthcare professionals interested in translating expanded knowledge into practice for the improvement of patient outcomes in plastic and reconstructive surgery.
Dr. Richard Baynosa has the following disclosures: Consultant, Allergan ($10,001-$50,000); Shareholder, Pfizer Stock ($10,001-$50,000). All ASPS staff members managing this activity have no relevant financial relationships or affiliations to disclose. All identified conflicts of interest have been resolved and the educational content thoroughly vetted by ASPS for fair balance, scientific objectivity, and appropriateness of patient care recommendations. The ASPS also requires faculty/authors to disclose when off-label/unapproved uses of a product are discussed in a CME activity or included in related materials.
Return Policy for Downloaded and Viewable Products
Products which are downloaded or viewable after purchase may not be returned. By placing an order you are agreeing to the product return terms and conditions set forth by this site. ASPS Shop Return Policy
Product Code: 28802