This activity is part of the ISPRES Regenerative Innovations Video Series (RIVS).
Join Dr. Nelson Piccolo as he explores various clinical applications of fat grafting. With his vast expertise in the field of fat grafting, Dr. Piccolo discusses techniques used through all three phases of fat grafting: aspiration, sterilization, and delivery. Various patient cases are shown to illustrate the tremendous success of fat grafting on patients with burns, ulcers and other severe wounds, as well as cosmetic procedures.
After viewing this course, the participant should be able to:
- List the benefits of using Adipose Derived Stem Cells (ADSC) to treat patients.
- Identify common clinical applications of Adipose Derived Stem Cells (ADSC).
- Discuss protocol based on the Coleman technique.
- Describe the process of aspiration including tools used, suggested size of openings, and differences between treating an adult and child.
- Discuss preparing the fat for injection through the process of fat sterilization.
- Describe the process of fat injection including cannulas used for procedure, suggested injection site and average number of passes used to deposit fat per ml.
- List benefits of fat delivery when using a laser or dermaroller.
Nelson Piccolo, MD
AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM: 0.5
Patient Safety Credit: 0
Release Date: 1/3/2020
Expiration Date: 1/3/2023
Estimated time to complete this course: 35 Minutes
Directly provided by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons® (ASPS®)
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Designation StatementIntended Audience
The ASPS designates this enduring material for a maximum of 0.5AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This educational activity is intended for plastic surgery practitioners, residents, and other healthcare professionals interested in translating expanded knowledge into practice for the improvement of patient outcomes in plastic and reconstructive surgery.
Return Policy for Downloaded and Viewable Products
Products which are downloaded or viewable after purchase may not be returned. By placing an order you are agreeing to the product return terms and conditions set forth by this site. ASPS Shop Return Policy
Product Code: 28812