ASPS University: Enhance Your Practice Podcast Series
ASPS Enhance Your Practice Podcast series serves as an educational appetizer for Plastic Surgeons and Office Professionals looking for practice management information on-the-go. It covers next steps early in a career; financial planning; staffing; med spas; starting a private practice; and much more.
You can also listen to this podcast series on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher and Google Podcasts or ask Amazon Alexa to play Enhance Your Practice on your preferred podcast platform. Works with Apple Podcasts and Spotify. Stream now. Download episodes from ASPS EdNet by launching the season, selecting each episode and clicking on the (...) in the player.
Season Four: Let’s Talk About Money
This season delves into one of the most stressful issues facing surgeons at any stage of practice finances. Hear from experts on the topics of financial advisors, protecting your assets and managing debt. Check out the additional resources that have been added specifically for our members for this season!
Episode 19: Ensuring You’re Insured
Description: Dr. Ash Patel interviews Larry Keller, CFP, CLU on the importance of insurance for plastic surgeons.
Summary: Larry Keller from Physician Financial Services explains why insurance is important at any stage of a plastic surgeon’s career, he also explains the various types of insurance that plastic surgeons should be aware of, and how to tell if your policy has the correct coverage.
Episode 18: Choosing the Right Financial Planner
Description: Dr. Ash Patel interviews Larry Keller, CFP, CLU on the impact having a financial planner can make on your finances.
Summary: Larry Keller from Physician Financial Services explains the breadth of services financial planners offer, the importance of hiring one to assist early on in your career rather than later, and red flags to spot when choosing your financial planner.
Episode 17: Protecting Your Assets
Description: Dr. Ash Patel interviews Carole Foos, CPA about the importance of Asset Protection.
Summary: Carole Foos from OJM talks about asset protection, why a plastic surgeon should consider planning for this, why you should look at protecting your practice assets as well as your personal assets and what resources are available.
Episode 16: How Do I Deal With My Debt?
Description: Dr. Ash Patel interviews Adrienne Upchurch, CFP, CLU on the topic of tackling debt.
Summary: Adrienne Upchurch from SmithConway explains the difference between good debt vs. bad debt and some of the biggest mistakes people make while paying off debt.
Season One: Next Steps
- Episode 1: What kind of practices are there and what should I be doing?
- Episode 2: Do I become an employee or my own boss? Picking the right Group, Institution, or Private Practice to join.
- Episode 3: Top 10 things to consider with an employment contract
- Episode 4: How can I find a mentor?
Season Two: Med Spas
- Episode 5: Why I Opened A Med Spa and Why You Should Consider Adding One to Your Practice
- Episode 6: Opening Multiple Med Spas
- Episode 7: Marketing Your Med Spa
- Episode 8: Male Aesthetics in Your Practice
Season Three: Work/Life Balance
- Episode 9: Raising a Successful Family
- Episode 10: Finding Balance: Fatherhood and Plastic Surgery
- Episode 11: Balancing Motherhood and Residency
- Episode 12: Ergonomics
- Episode 13: Relationships In and Out of the Office
- Episode 14: Practical Tips During the COVID 19 Crisis
- Episode 15: Physician Wellness During the COVID 19 Crisis
These podcasts are not for AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM.
Return Policy for Downloaded and Viewable Products
Products which are downloaded or viewable after purchase may not be returned. By placing an order you are agreeing to the product return terms and conditions set forth by this site. ASPS Shop Return Policy
Product Code: 28821