This activity is part of the ISPRES Regenerative Innovations Video Series (RIVS).
Join Dr. Marzia Salgarello, Associate Professor of Plastic Surgery and Head of the Department of Plastic Surgery of the Agostino Gemelli University Hospital Foundation in Rome, Italy, as she explores the use of fat grafting in Breast Augmentation. Several patient cases are shown over several years and multiple fat grafting procedures.
After viewing this course, the participant should be able to:
- Identify acceptable candidates for autologous reconstruction.
- List examples of ultrastructural and clinical data that supports the theory that stem cells contained in the autologous fat graft contribute to the restoration of tissue vascularization.
- Explain the Lipobed surgical protocol, how it was designed to overcome the issues of implant recon in radiated breasts, and inclusion criteria for Lipobed.
- Define the evaluation grades on the LENT-SOMA scale including the four separate elements to which an injury is evaluated.
- Define the surgical protocol including timeline for in between fat grafting sessions.
- Compare histological and immunohistochemical features of breast capsules in radiodamaged breasts.
AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM: 0.25
Patient Safety Credit: 0
Release Date: 2/4/2020
Expiration Date: 2/4/2023
Estimated time to complete this course: 15 Minutes
Directly provided by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons® (ASPS®)
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Designation StatementIntended Audience
The ASPS designates this enduring material for a maximum of 0.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This educational activity is intended for plastic surgery practitioners, residents, and other healthcare professionals interested in translating expanded knowledge into practice for the improvement of patient outcomes in plastic and reconstructive surgery.
Return Policy for Downloaded and Viewable Products
Products which are downloaded or viewable after purchase may not be returned. By placing an order you are agreeing to the product return terms and conditions set forth by this site. ASPS Shop Return Policy
Product Code: 29014