Introducing SNIPS from ASPS
SNIPS is a new kind of educational course, cutting directly to the information you need to know in a short, visual format. Developed directly from content performance deficiencies from recent ABPS Continuous Certification Exam, these streamlined learning modules feature quick, easily digestible videos on important topics your peers struggled with last year.
Take advantage of this great ASPS member benefit or upgrade to our premium subscription for CME credits. This course focuses on important General Reconstruction topics, in a short, visual Q&A format.
In this course, you will learn about:
- Comparing Split-Thickness and Full-Thickness Skin Grafts, William J. Casey, III, MD
- Coverage of Exposed Vessels in the Groin, Jens U. Berli, MD
- Perineal Reconstruction after Abdomino-Perineal Resection, Christopher E. Price, MD
- Treatment of Complication of Supraclavicular Lymph Node Harvest, Edward I. Chang, MD, FACS
- Risk Assessment for DVT
in Abdominal Wall Reconstruction, Sarah Bishop, MD
Upon completion of this activity, participants will be able to do the following:
- Identify the differences between split-thickness and full-thickness skin grafts, including their indications, advantages, and disadvantages.
- Evaluate the techniques and considerations involved in the coverage of exposed vessels in the groin, including the selection of appropriate flaps and grafts.
- Discuss the principles and options for perineal reconstruction after Abdomino-Perineal Resection, including the assessment of anatomical structures and the selection of reconstructive techniques.
- Identify complications arising from supraclavicular lymph node harvest, including lymphatic leaks, infection, and wound healing issues.
- Complete a comprehensive risk assessment for deep vein thrombosis (DVT) in abdominal wall reconstruction patients, including risk factors, preventive measures, and the appropriate use of prophylactic strategies.
Christopher Price, MD; Jens Berli, MD; William Casey, MD; Edward Chang, MD; Sarah Bishop, MD
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons designates each enduring material for the number of AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ listed below. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Of the 1.0 credit, 0.5 have been identified as applicable to patient safety.
AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM: 1.0
Patient Safety Credit: 0.5
Release Date: 08/01/2022
Expiration Date: 08/01/2025
Estimated time to complete this course: 1 hour
*Course access ends on course expiration date
Directly provided by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons® (ASPS®)
This educational activity is intended for plastic surgery practitioners, residents, and other healthcare professionals interested in translating expanded knowledge into practice for the improvement of patient outcomes in plastic and reconstructive surgery.
Christopher Price, MD is affiliated with PSEN International as the Assistant Editor for the Reconstruction / Microsurgery Subsection.
Jens Berli, MD has no disclosures. William Casey, MD has no disclosures.
Edward Chang, MD is ASPS PSF visiting professor
Sarah Bishop, MD has no disclosures.
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) requires all instructors, planners, reviewers, managers, and other individuals in a position to control or influence the content of an activity to disclose all relevant financial relationships or affiliations. All identified conflicts of interest must be resolved and the educational content thoroughly vetted by ASPS for fair balance, scientific objectivity, and appropriateness of patient care recommendations. ASPS also requires faculty/authors to disclose when off-label/unapproved uses of product are discussed in a CME activity or included in related materials.
Disclaimer: All relevant financial relationships for planners, faculty, and others in control of content (either individually or as a group) are reviewed by the ASPS Continuing Education Committee and have been mitigated, if applicable.
Return Policy for Downloaded and Viewable Products
Products which are downloaded or viewable after purchase may not be returned. By placing an order you are agreeing to the product return terms and conditions set forth by this site. ASPS Shop Return Policy
Product Code: 35670