The redesigned 2021 Plastic Surgery Coding Workshop is a comprehensive virtual learning program featuring a one-day live interactive virtual meeting focused on the revised Evaluation and Management (E&M) guidelines and the new breast codes for 2021, packaged with the 2021 Advanced Coding e-learning modules* for study and review at your convenience. These will be available one month prior to the workshop, with continued access to the online modules on ASPS EdNet after the live event.
This blended instruction allows the newest coding professionals and those with more experience to learn accurate coding and implementation strategies from experts in the field while minimizing risks, costs of travel and time commitment.
This virtual meeting will not be recorded.
- January 15, 2021: Early registration deadline
- February 5, 2021: Advance registration deadline†
†Last day to register to ensure delivery of printed workbook by February 27, 2021. Please provide and verify the correct ship-to address when registering.
| ||On or Before|
|Jan 16 -|
|After Feb 5|
|Member1 (ASPS/ASPSP) / Office Staff of Member / Affiliate Member||$899||$925||$975|
|Guest Physician / Office Staff of Guest Physician||$1,099||$1,125||$1,175|
|Resident / Active Life Member||$750||$775||$825|
*Faculty and program subject to change without notice
1 Includes ASPS/ASPSP Active Members, Candidates for Membership, International Members, International Candidates for Membership, Memorandum of Understanding and Life Inactive Members
All cancellations must be received in writing to be considered for refund. Cancellations on or before January 11, 2021, will receive a 100% refund. Cancellations between January 12, 2021, and January 29, 2021, will receive a 50% refund. No refunds will be issued for cancellations after January 29, 2021, or if any Advanced Coding eLearning Modules have been opened. All refunds are subject to a $25 processing fee.
Notice of cancellation should be sent to:
Member Services Center
444 E. Algonquin Road
Arlington Heights, IL 60005-4664
Fax: (847) 228-7099
The meeting sponsors are not responsible for travel expenses or penalties under any circumstances.
This accredited educational activity is designed specifically for plastic surgeons and their office staff teams, including office administrators, practice managers, billing companies and billing/coding specialists. Residents and fellows are also encouraged to attend the program.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Discuss the revised times and Medical Decision-Making processes for all office-based Evaluation and Management codes starting January 1, 2021.
- Determine if updates will be needed to electronic health record templates to support these 2021 changes.
- List the data elements to routinely document items within notes that will be used to score Medical Decision Making.
- Accurately apply codes to breast reconstruction billing scenarios.
- Review Flap and Graft coding to ensure accurate reimbursement.
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
This other activity (live virtual meeting and enduring materials) has been approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons designates this other activity (live virtual meeting and enduring materials) for a maximum of 19 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons designates this live activity for a maximum of 6 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) designates each enduring material for the number of AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ listed below. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Advanced Coding for Plastic Surgery 2021: Practice Standards Module – 3.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- Advanced Coding for Plastic Surgery 2021: Coding Management Module – 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- Advanced Coding for Plastic Surgery 2021: Breast Reconstruction Module – 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- Advanced Coding for Plastic Surgery 2021: Body Module – 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- Advanced Coding for Plastic Surgery 2021: Craniofacial Module – 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- Advanced Coding for Plastic Surgery 2021: Hand Module – 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- Advanced Coding for Plastic Surgery 2021: Skin Module – 2 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- Advanced Coding for Plastic Surgery 2021: Tumors/Ulcers Module – 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) requires all instructors, planners, reviewers, managers and other individuals in a position to control or influence the content of an activity to disclose all relevant financial relationships or affiliations. All identified conflicts of interest must be resolved and the educational content thoroughly vetted by ASPS for fair balance, scientific objectivity and appropriateness of patient care recommendations. ASPS also requires faculty/authors to disclose when off-label/unapproved uses of product are discussed in a CME activity or included in related materials.
ABMS Core Competencies
The following ABMS core competencies will be addressed in the Plastic Surgery Coding Workshop:
- Systems-Based Practice
*Advanced Coding for Plastic Surgery Modules include:
- Breast Reconstruction
- Coding Management
- Practice Standards
ASPS has sole discretion and reserves the right to refuse registration and/or limit participation in its activities.
Product Code: 20210227CodingKit